Thursday, September 30, 2010
Time Flies....
Seriously, time FLIES! I have been struck over and over the last few weeks that we no longer have a baby in our house, we have a little boy. On Tuesday, the moment came when I walked out the front door and was greeted by a collection of acorns, sticks, grass and pine cones. He was so excited and proud to show me his "corns" and "ticks" (apparently the first letter of the word isn't that important...). The other way time is flying for us is that the reality is sinking in we are moving to the other side of the planet! AAGGHH!! Are we nuts? As we're walking through the store the other day I picked something up to buy, I don't even remember what it was, and I thought, "Do I really need that? Do I really want to figure out what to do with it in a few months?" Strange to think that if all goes according to plan this will be our last fall for the next 4 years- from all the blogs I'm reading from others serving in Indonesia there are two seasons, rainy and dry. I'll miss the leaves changing, the cooler air and brisk breeze and Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread mix (seriously if you haven't tried it, get some- AMAZING!). So, I'm vowing to do my best to enjoy every little thing about this fall. We're heading to Baltimore in a week for most of October and November with jaunts to New York and Boston. I'm excited to head up there, I've heard so much about how beautiful the Northeast is in the fall. (If you're in those areas let us know, we'd love to see you!) So-fallish events here we come! Pumpkin festivals, apple picking, corn mazes, hay rides- bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yep...reality is setting in...big time!
ReplyDeleteI hear you about buying things at the store! We are in our last days here, and having to make those decisions about what to take and leave. Have been waking up at 3 am panicking about whether I can fit it all into our allotted checked luggage or not! You will find yourself starting to evaluate purchases based on their weight :-)
ReplyDeleteI am SO jealous about your upcoming trip to the Northeast! Seriously, soak in all of the "fall-ness" for me! You are right about rainy and dry season.....that's about it over here. Just reading your post made me think back to our trip around this time last year to visit with churches, friends and family! Enjoy every moment!
ReplyDelete