
Do you ever have those times is life when you know that you should do something? Something that if left undone or unsaid could have dire consequences, the other day was one of those times for me.
It was last Thursday and my little boy and I decided to go the the Nature Museum for some quality father son time. We went around and saw turtles, frogs, groundhogs, and as he says "bufflys", which is translated as butterflies. We had a great time. To cap it all off we decided to go for a walk on the nearby nature trail. As is the common practice of late when wandering around trees, we must collect as many sticks as possible. We get big "yuns" (ones), we get brown yuns, we get dirty yuns, and then we get those that are not just ordinary. In fact they are so extraordinary that we MUST take them with us to add to our priceless collection. Along our journey my little boy began to tire of walking and decided that I should carry him, or leave him there, sitting on the ground in a heap as it were. So up into Daddy's arms he went along with the entourage of sticks. As we began to walk back to the car he began to wave them around proudly, watching them turn, wiggle and make lovely shapes in the air. I knew that I needed to tell him to be careful, and that swinging sticks around wildly IS a very dangerous practice. As the old Christmas classic says, "you'll poke your eye out". But for some reason I couldn't bring myself to curb the magical fun that my little boy was having, inspite of the inherent dangers. I knew I should have said something, but he was having so much fun. I knew I should have said something, but.........
then it happened. Round, round, round went the stick, and finally like an airplane coasting along on its final approach, it touched down right in the center of MY eye!
Just as a reminder there are those times in life when you know that you should do something. Something that if left undone or unsaid could have dire consequences.
Oh dear. I hope your eye is ok!
ReplyDelete