"O Lord our Lord, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth!
You have set Your glory above the heavens.
From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise!" ~Psalm 8:1-2a
Ethan has been having trouble sleeping in the last few weeks, he's told us he's scared of something. As a result, we have been singing the song, "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do..." before bedtime (complete with hand motions!) every night for the last week or so. We've been telling him that if he's scared, he can ask God and God will help him. Last night as we were playing, he looked at me very seriously and said, "God help you." I asked him who God would help and he said, "God help E-E" (what he calls himself)- "God help Mommy"- "God help Daddy." If he's asked about God now, he says, "God so BIG!" I was so convicted that often I don't trust my Heavenly Father as completely as my 2 year old does! Truly, "Out of the mouths of children...You have ordained praise!"
Disclaimer: This is NOT the best picture ever of Ethan, but the only time we could actually catch him saying, "God so BIG!" | |
|
|
That is a AWESOME Pic of him! I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the above - I love this picture of Ethan! Love that he sings that song, too. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's precious! Definitely something to cling to. Our God is SO big!
ReplyDeleteHey guys,
ReplyDeleteIt was fun hanging out with you today! Keep us updated...
Ben and Julena