"". Salt and Light: Missionaries are People, Too...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Missionaries are People, Too...

Hello all! 

It's Amy again.  Our church started the women's fall Bible study this week and the study I'm part of is called, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." The whole reason we have started our blog is so that people can know what's going on in our lives, be praying for us and maybe feel like we're not really on the other side of the planet, just the other side of the city.  Sometimes we're going to have rough days or even rough weeks...  But for some reason, I struggle to tell people that I struggle.  It's probably just me, but I often feel like there's this unspoken expectation for missionaries and others in vocational ministry to never have a bad day.  Now that I am a "missionary"- that's daunting!  I need, to be able to hop on here and let you know that I had a really frustrating day or week.  So, occasionally- you'll get an "AAAGGGHHH!!!! post.  I guess you could call that "The Ugly."

We are in the throes of support raising now- making calls, sending e-mails, waiting for responses, etc.  Quite frankly it has been more of a challenge than I expected.  Knowing that you are doing your best to be faithful and do what you have been asked to do, but it really isn't up to you can be frustrating!  That God is the One doing it.  Ironically, that has been both the biggest encouragement and biggest frustration-  we have no doubt that God wants our family serving with MAF in Indonesia.  So if that's where He wants us, He will supply and provide the way to go- just not in the way I expect or the time that I want.  In the midst of it, He's teaching us lessons and molding our character.  Here we go- trusting, trusting, trusting, trusting Him!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment