Hello all! It's Amy again, Jon's been writing for the last few weeks, but I'm back today!
Today is one of those rare days when I woke up really refreshed, in spite of the pouring rain outside the window and even though I went to bed later than usual.
Maybe I'll be more tired later, but right now I'm feeling like His mercies are new this morning, just as He promised.
There are couple of things leading into my refreshing this morning, I think-
1) The reason I went to sleep so late last night is because I was reading- I am a pushover for a good book! And it's one of those books that, as I'm reading, challenges me to get out and live life fully. To enjoy the simple pleasures- like the beauty of the tiny violets popping up in my front yard and to expand my horizons all at the same time- less TV and more time with those I love or trying new things or reading the classics... Amazing how reading a well-written book can inspire you. Oh, and for those who are wondering- yes, it's fiction!
2) I had the best dream last night about going to Indonesia! I dreamed that our family got to go to Indo for a visit before we actually moved. So we showed up and it was beautiful- lush, green and hot and muggy as promised. They had the best fruit I have ever tasted (which, I hear, is very true). Ethan was running around, having the time of his life with all the other MAF kids who welcomed him with open arms. Jon ran off to the hangar to hang out with the guys and check out the airplanes. I got to meet a lot of the wives and it felt like I'd come home. It's hard to explain it, but it felt like I could take a deep breath and put my feet on the ground and enjoy the moment, just relish it. Then- the alarm went off and back to everyday life... But that dream felt like a gift- a reassurance that we're heading the right direction, that the constant transition we're in right now is not in vain, that the Lord will get us there in His time and in His way, with His blessing.
But something else also came out of it too- I realized that there are people that I feel like I know really well through reading their blogs and yet if I met them on the street and greeted them like an old friend they would probably have no idea who I am! So... I don't want that to be the case here- if you read our blog, I'd love to know who you are, to hear your story, to hear about your family like you hear about ours. I don't know really how to make that happen, but I would count it a privilege to call you, "friend"- if I don't already! Please, post a comment introducing yourself!


I read your blog! It's Heidi, Kristen Brewer's little sister :) It's so fun to watch your journey unfold before you!
ReplyDelete