
So life with my boy is increasingly entertaining and occasionally thought-provoking... Here are some of the laughs from this week:
When we were grocery shopping last week, I let him choose what cereal he wanted for the week. With MUCH excitement he pointed to the box of Honey Nut Cheerios and declared, "That one! I want the bzzzzzz!" The next morning, he could hardly wait to open the box of cereal. I was happy, this meant no fighting to get him to eat his breakfast- victory! Then, as he finally ripped the top flaps open and pulled the bag of Cheerios out, he was very confused- "Mommy, where's the bzzzzz? Where's the bzzzzz?" My sweet boy thought there were going to be bees in the cereal! Really, it makes sense, green beans have green beans on the can, why not bee cereal?
This one's my favorite: My dad teaches Sunday school to Ethan and the kids learn a biblical principle. Last month the principle was, "I am special to God." So, on Saturday my dad came over for dinner and after dinner he and Ethan were just playing, wrestling and Grandpa went to grab Ethan. Ethan's little pointer finger went out and he scolded Grandpa, "Don't grab me- I am special to God!" That's right, sweet boy, somebody tries to grab you you remind them Whose you are! Of course, Dad cracked up and rejoiced, "It's sinking in!"
Jon is a pushover both for Ethan and Matchbox cars. So I know if the two of them go to the store, they're coming back with at least one car. Since we had a crazy week last week Jon had a little Daddy-Ethan date on the weekend and off to Wal-Mart they went followed by a shared Happy Meal at McD's. When they came home E was so excited to show me his 5 new cars giving details of each one. But 2 hours later, as we were once again discussing the virtues of the new cars he remembered something... "They had gween twash twuck at store Mommy! I didn't buy it, they had gween twash twuck!" (dramatic pause, followed by dramatic flailing of arms-) "I NEED it! I NEED the gween twash twuck!" (a few more laments of his desperate need of the green trash truck) "You go to store and get gween twash twuck Mommy, right now!" "What about all the other new cars Daddy bought you?" "Don't want them, I NEED the gween twash twuck!" "No, baby, you need to say thank you to Daddy for all your new cars, but no green trash truck." So funny the dramatics from this pint sized kiddo, but really how often do I do the same thing with God? All the time- "please God, I need this. I need it, can You make that work out?" "Child, what about everything else I've given to you?" "Well, I mean that's nice and all, but THIS, this I really NEED." Humbling, to see yourself as a two-year-old through the eyes of a parent...
Love the picture at the end :-) Hahahahahaha :-D
ReplyDeleteI know, I know it looks like we are pushover parents. And usually we are, but the reason he wanted that truck so bad was because he couldn't find the one he already had. So after a little flashlight hunting party we found it!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I get a little down, missing things that I think are missing in my life and that I need. Last night was one of those nights. And as I sat and wished and prayed, as I have done for a very long time, I remembered this story. It instantly brought me back to sanity and I simply looked up and reminded God that I would really like to have a gween twash twuck! I'm pretty sure He understood!
ReplyDeleteI THOUGHT I had a gween twash twuck piled in my lap at some point over the holidays!
ReplyDelete