"". Salt and Light: Today.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Today.

013949-Kalimantan-DG5-G
Hello all-
This may sound strange, but today Indonesia is real. A lot of days Indonesia feels far away, really distant both physically and in terms of time- like we are having some sort of elaborate dream that we're preparing to move across the world. But today, today Indonesia feels like it's really close, it's real and it won't be that long until the dream is a reality we can see and hear, and smell and touch.
011125-Papua-DG1-NAT

013902-Kalimantan-DG1-NAT


There are a couple of reasons I think that Indonesia feels closer today- one is, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow! And if all goes according to plan, this will be our last Thanksgiving on American soil for a while. So I'm a little emotional about making sure we enjoy every moment with family this weekend- soaking it all in and taking lots and lots of pictures.

013878x-Papua-DG10-NAT
(Maybe in a few years, this will be our Thanksgiving table!)

The other is that we have some friends that are within 48 hours of leaving. We've been following their progress, praying for them as they've walked this journey and now the time has come! I keep putting myself in their shoes, wondering about saying good-bye to friends and family, making final decisions on what their family will need for the next year, all that stuff. It makes Indonesia feel a little more real, but still completely mysterious and unknown. Would you pray for them the next few days as they travel and say good-byes? They've got at least 27 hours of flying with two kids under 5 and lots of emotions zinging around for everyone. This time is the culmination of years of work, but making the leap from goal to reality can be challenging. It won't be long 'til it's our turn- crazy!!!

016926-Papua-DG17-PP

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving- hug your family, treasure the time you have with them, make beautiful memories! -amy

PS- Hope you enjoyed these photos from around Indonesia!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh your much ahead of me... I still havent even realized that yet... I think it might be christmas for me. Super excited for you guys! God Bless and Guide you.

    ReplyDelete