Hi friends-
So I'm realizing that we have been here for over three months and while we are now used to all the different sights, sounds and happenings around us, we have yet to share them with you!
The other day I was listening to the sound of one of the food vendors coming down our street and was struck by how quiet our street was in the States- only a few cars every now and then- no mosques or public places like the little warungs (like a corner store run out of someone's home) certainly never any fried rice or chicken soup vendors on a motorcycle stopping by to sell us lunch. So I thought I should go out and capture some of the sights on our street. To start you off, here is our street in the States-
Sorry- our only picture was from our last snowstorm in NC!
Compared with our street now-
 |
| Our neighbors' clothes dryer-yep, this is normal! |
 |
| The warung (store) out of another neighbor's home |
 |
This mosque at five doors down is only the second closest (the closest is two doors down the other direction!)
- one of the five we hear when the call to prayer goes off. |
 |
| Every Friday afternoon all the men and boys go to the mosque |
|
 |
| One of the more lightly loaded restaurants-on-wheels |
 |
| The local bus "angkot" that goes by our house...you too can ride it for the small fee of $0.20 and as always any chickens you bring are free! |
Those are just a few of the different sights from our new street- not including what truly makes Indonesia spectacular- the people! That's a whole 'nother blog post.
Bless you Amy and Jon. I know this is SOOO different for you and I admire your dedication to follow the LORD. HE WILL honor your commitment and surround you with HIS LOVE. Praise HIM! I am praying for you and Ethan and Ellie! Love, Marian
ReplyDelete