We have been having trouble with our washing machine for a few weeks now and whenever it would drain the water would end up all over the kitchen floor. Our short term solution was to use towels or rags to soak it up, but early last week Jon and our friend Pak (Mr.) Deni began working on a real solution.
I'll set the scene- it was early afternoon and Ethan had been in our room "taking a nap." Our room is across from the bathroom which is next to our washing machine. As Jon and Deni worked together on the drain issue, Deni happened to glance around the corner into the bathroom. Wide-eyed he looked back at Jon, "Siapa?!" (Who is that?!) Jon and I looked at each other perplexed- "Who?" "Di sana!" (There!) We both looked around the corner and, finding no one in sight, asked, "Di mana?" (Where?) Deni looked again, he didn't see anyone either. Going into the bathroom, we still didn't see anyone- finally I looked in the tiny (seriously maybe 6 inches wide) space between our shelf and the wall- there, peeking out at me was this-
Turns out Ethan wasn't actually taking a nap- he was discovering the wonders of Mommy's makeup bag. Don't know if you can see it on his shirt but he'd also made a nice pile of mineral powder on the floor. This is mascara- "I saw how you do it Mommy and I did it, too!"
So this is how I look like this when I wear mascara?!
Thankfully it wasn't waterproof, after 3 washes of the face it was mostly gone although he did still look like an emo kid for a few days as the residual mascara (gotta hand it to him, he got it on his eyelashes!) took a while to come all the way off.
Quite frankly, I'm amazed it's taken him this long. I fully expected an incident like this when he was 2- I got an extra year and a half out of that! There was lots of laughter all around, after all this only happens once- or maybe twice, right? Here's hoping anyway- that's my only mascara! :D
hahahaha - love this!
ReplyDeletehilarious! elise has been doing things like this more often at 3 yrs than at 2 yrs, which i expected, like you:) silly kids:)
ReplyDeleteHow many times have I hold you.....whoever came up with the term terrible twos must have gotten rid of their child before three!!!!
ReplyDelete