"". Salt and Light: It's the People, People!

Friday, July 22, 2011

It's the People, People!

You’ve probably heard the saying a thousand times- “Home is where the heart is.”  Well, we have a whole new appreciation and understanding of “home” since we’ve been uprooted for almost 3 months now.  It used to be that when I thought of home I thought of our little red house in Charlotte, but in the last few weeks I’ve learned that home is not necessarily the house you live in or the bed you sleep in (although at almost 8 months pregnant I am longing for my own bed!)- it’s the people you’re with!

We have been phenomenally blessed with dear friends, many of whom we didn’t know this time last year.  As I look back at the journey we’ve taken in the last 11 months, I am dumbfounded at God’s graciousness and goodness to us.  Every place we go He provides a new “brother” or “sister” who encourages us along the way.  It’s hard to explain and I’m afraid I’ll just talk in circles if I attempt- but the clearest way I can see this is in the old phrase…  If “home is where the heart is” then God has and is expanding our hearts over and over again.  I can honestly say that there are a number of different places where I feel at home, all because of you, the people who are sharing life with us as we go.  You are praying for us, you’re welcoming us into your lives, you’re opening your homes to us and sharing your hearts, telling your stories- what a privilege!  Thank you!  You are what keep us going and remind us of the joy of why and what we are doing in the midst of transition after transition.  Blessings, blessings, blessings on you friends!  I wish I had photos of everyone who has made such an impact in our lives recently, but these few will have to do.  

PS- If I chose to post your goofy pic, forgive me!  You capture some of our fun memories!


Ethan enjoying a snow cone with new friends.


Miss Nancy sharing her "lion" with E.


The Hamiltons truly welcomed us into their family!



Memories with my mom and sister


Jen and E are kindred spirits! :D


 What we all wish we could do in every photo, right?  Fun beach memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment